Sunday, October 30, 2022

God Wins: A Beginner's Gospel Story Book


Brief overview: 

God Wins is board book storybook Bible that walks through four stories from the Bible: 
1) Joshua
2) David
3) Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego
4) Esther

Kennedy helps preschoolers trace God's goodness to do hard, scary things.

Recommended age range: 3-5

Strengths: 

  • Kennedy helps kids understand key concepts and guides little ones in applying these truths in their own lives.
  • Deftly engages children by keeping God at the center of each story.
  • The beautiful illustrations by Trish Mahoney are perfect for preschoolers.

Weaknesses: 

  • Anytime a book is adapted from another work (see below), I feel it loses a bit of its sparkle because a different audience was intended. (But this book has been well-crafted for the new audience of preschoolers.)

    Additional Notes:
    • God Wins is adapted from Kennedy's Beginner's Gospel Story Bible
    • A great resource for parents to read with babies and toddlers as well! 
    Overall rating: 8 (out of 10)

    While I'm not typically asked by an author to write an endorsement for a book, in this case I was! I was sent a PDF version of this book to consider writing an endorsement. Since I am a big fan of it, I gladly agreed to write one and decided to write a review on my blog as part of my new book review series.